Welcome To East Central Independent School District
1. We are a learning organization with a culture of continuous improvement.
2. Teachers are the most important influence on the quality of learning. Every teacher is a leader; every leader is a teacher.
3. We are all responsible for creating engaging learning opportunities for every student, every day.
4. We will create a safe and caring environment where students are motivated, interested and engaged in high quality, relevant work.
5. We will work closely together and support each other in our efforts to improve the educational experiences for all students.
Hopefully by now, you have noticed the ‘magic’ that has occurred across the district by our talented staff. Our transportation, food service, warehouse, maintenance and custodial staffs did a superb job of getting our year off to a great start. On campus, our administrators, teachers and support staff work their ‘magic’ daily as they design and deliver the highest quality work for our students. They are the best any district could ‘wish’ for and we are fortunate to have them leading our students.
‘Magic’ is definitely in the air on the High School Campus and both staff and students are very proud of their new surroundings. Thank you to all students and parents for your patience and flexibility as we finish the work at the high school. All work except for the gym and cafeteria expansion, should be complete this fall. I'm pleased to let our community know that the construction project is on time and well under budget.
In regard to budget, I am also pleased to announce that the Board of Trustees approved a balanced budget for 2010-2011. These are difficult financial times and our state funding sources are in question again, due to an anticipated $18 billion shortfall next biennium. Our trustees have been fiscally responsible in their oversight of our financial well-being, and insisted on balancing the budget and remaining fiscally conservative in these uncertain times.
Parents, if you haven't activated your "TxConnect" account, please do so. TxConnect allows you to access current school related information about your child’s attendance, grades and assignments. You can access TxConnect through our website. If you do not have your child's ID number, you can call 649-2343 and ask our technology department to assist you. This is an excellent way for you to stay on top of progress during these busy times. Thanks for all you do to support our school district and we look forward to you assisting us as we ‘Make Learning Magic’ for our students in 2010-2011.
List of FusionPages